Saturday, March 8, 2008

Are there really women who choose late-term abortions because they simply don't want to have a child


Are there really women who choose late-term abortions because they simply don't want to have a child?
I ask this question in all honesty because I have heard that almost all late-term abortions are because of the health of the mother or child. Otherwise, why would anyone wait so long? I just wanted to know whether it ever happens because of an unwanted pregnancy. I guess I was asking more about the US.
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is a certain time limit they are allowed to have an abortion in, it's different in different countries I think. So no I don't think women can have late abortions.
2 :
where I live abortion is only allowed in the first trimester unless the mothers life is in danger.
3 :
Women can have an abortion un to 26 weeks i think in the Uk... most will have the abortion before 12 weeks as you will have had two Months with no period, so even if you are living in denial, it would be pretty obvious you were! The later into the pregnancy the harder it comes i suppose... i cannot imagine the docs saying no but you will get asked why you left it so late etc. Some women (my friend was one) didn't actually know she was pregnant until she was 18 weeks, she is quite a big girl and her periods remained regular, it was only when she got ill that she went to the docs. She had an abortion because she is not ready to be a Mum. Other people may wait because they are in denial. maybe they expect the 'baby' to bring them closer to their partner and as the pregnancy goes on they realise they are wrong... they may be scared to tell anyone... they may have been raped.. they may simply have changed their mind all of a sudden?? there are a hundred and one different reasons why a women has an abortion, and so the simple answer is whenever it happens it happens. Everyone is different x
4 :
murdering whores
5 :
I doubt it.
6 :
Unfortunately yes...I used to have a friend who had an abortion at like 19weeks and told everyone she had a miscarriage. It was awful everyone felt sorry for her when she killed her baby. Its sickening to me that people don't see how awful that is.



Read more discussions :