Saturday, May 24, 2008

My husband doesn't want anymore children. How do I tell him I'm pregnant with our third child


My husband doesn't want anymore children. How do I tell him I'm pregnant with our third child?
I've had two c-sections and have endometriosis. So he had decided he didnt want to risk my health or a child's health for us to have another. i just found out that I'm pregnant again and don't know how to break it to him. Help
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 14 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
be happy about it, if your happy- then he should be happy!!
2 :
You say "this is it" then I'm getting my tubes tied
3 :
If he is not taken precautions to avoid pregnancy he should not be to suprised!!! just tell him right away. good luck with your pregnancy.
4 :
Tell him I understand your concerns and don't want to stress you out, I didn't know how to break it to you so I am just going to come out and say it. I am pregnant. And tell him I really need your support right now. Good luck I am sure it will work out fine!!!!
5 :
Hes your hubby, you just have to flat out tell him. Not like he has any room to blame you!!! Its not your fault. Time to live with that. He will come around and love this new one just as much as the others :)
6 :
Say "Baby, I'm pregnant. I know how you feel about it and want to figure this out together." Then hear him out, explain your feelings, and reach a conclusion together.
7 :
Been there! It's scary because you want him to be happy about it. It also sounds like he loves you very much and is concerned for your health. Tell him as soon as possible. Then involve him as much as possible. Had we not had him, life would be so boring, and we have 6 all together! I'll be praying for all of you. Good luck
8 :
Pray, ask the Lord to work it out and it will go smoothly with your husband. Apparently God needs that little soul in the earth for a reason.
9 :
Okay that a hard question to answer. I can understand him not wanting to risk your health or the childs health with another conception and c-section. Here is my concern though, having the knowledge that you have endemetriosis, and having to live with that and the pain that can come with it, why RISK getting pregnant? Were you guys using protection? or birth control? All you can do is be upfront and honest with him. Tell him that you understand his concern for your well being and a childs as well. Just let him know, Its a hard question hun...
10 :
Just try telling him straight. Just bring it up. It is not going to be easy so just get it done. Or you can try at the dinner table. Start with can you pass the potatoes and by the way I am pregnant. Good Luck and Best Wishes with the new one.
11 :
hi well you should be happy i am sure he will be to it's a baby .ok heres what to do and trust me i know what i am talking about tack him some where alone and light a few candeales sorry if my spelling is off but light a few candeales and make sure everything is right and tell him you love him and make him happy in nice sweet ways that he likes that only you know if you have to make every thing best like plain a good time to tell him let him know your happy not sad or anything i am sure it will be fine trust me do what i told you things like that work a lot hope it all works out good luck and by the way congratulations about your baby.
12 :
just tell him. he will be there with you through everything.
13 :
wait till hes in a calm mood and just tell him
14 :
Just tell him--it's not something you did by yourself, you know. He's as much to blame as you so he can't get mad.



Read more discussions :