Sunday, May 4, 2008

What are the health benefits to being vegetarian


What are the health benefits to being vegetarian?
I eat organic/gluten free because I have an Autistic child and one with Celiac's. I figure if they need a special diet I may as well lead by example. My son is vegetarian simply because he chose to be. Before switching the whole family to veg. to support him better, what are the health benefits?
Vegetarian & Vegan - 4 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes you would lodse weight and have good eyes and a good brain.
2 :
take a look: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/405912/17_benefits_of_being_a_vegetarian.html
3 :
There are many, many health benefits from being vegetarian! It has been proven that vegetarians/vegans who have a balanced diet DO live much longer than the average American omnivore. For vegans, the cholesterol level goes WAY down (for vegetarians, too!). It also lowers your risk for certain diseases such as cancer, since you're not consuming as many growth-hormones from animal and animal fats. And overall, it forces you to be more health-conscious about the foods you chose to eat. Before, when I ate meat, I ate any food without thinking about where it came from or what was in it. Now I'm much more concerned about my diet and I avoid processed foods more often. It really does change your lifestyle and pushes you in a healthier direction. :)
4 :
You wont be as fat and u wont have that craving for a nice big juicy burger or steak. btw, im a veggie and my friend told me that burgers are juciy



Read more discussions :