Friday, May 16, 2008

How do I go about adoptiong a dwarf child


How do I go about adoptiong a dwarf child?
My husband and I are looking into adoption. We have been married for just over 2 years and are both in our mid twenties. For the past year we have been talking about adoption because my husband was adopted and wants to help a child. As a nurse, I have worked with many dwarf children, many of whom are living with foster parents. After looking into risks and health issues, my husband has agreed that we will be able to handle a dwarf child. Does anyone know any organizations that specialize in dwarf child adoption? Has anyone gone through any agencies?
Adoption - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe the correct term is "Little people." You might get that right before adopting.
2 :
That's awesome! I can try to look up some agencies for you! i know a lot of people at the LPA who were adopted and I can talk to their parents. I'm a little person, and the correct term is dwarf. But little person is easier.
3 :
There is this awesome all christian agency that is REALLY super cool! It is called America World Adoption Agency. My family adopted one beautiful girl from china through them, and we are completely satisfied! We are actually in the process of adopting another! This agency not only lets you adopt from several countries, but also has a special needs list. Being a dwarf would fall into this category. Some other special needs include: elbino, down syndrome, blind, deaf, clef lip and palate, and minor heart problems. There are also other agincies that you could go through. The thing I like about AWAA is that its an all Christian agency, but who knows what your religion is????! Hope this helped!!!!



Read more discussions :